In NetSuite, you can set up a group of employees, customers, partners, vendors, projects or contacts. You can then use these groups to share specific information with.
With groups you can;
- Restrict a folder in the file cabinet for a group, so only members of that group can view the folder and the files within it.
- Use a shared calendar for a group.
- Invite everyone in a group to an event.
- Assign cases, leads and support or sales territories to groups. (Please note: the group needs to be set up correctly to allow this to happen.)
- Set up groups to target for marketing campaigns.
- Create sales teams. (Only applicable if you use the team selling feature.)
To create a group, go to ‘Lists’ > ‘Relationships’ > ‘Groups’ > ‘New’.
Select which kind of group you want to create.
- Dynamic – A dynamic group is created based on a Saved Search, which will mean the group will automatically update with the records that match your saved search criteria. You cannot manually add or remove individual members, but you can change the search criteria.
- Static – Manually add or remove specific members to this group. This group will not change automatically.
Select which kind of members you want to include in the group.
Creating a Dynamic Group
Below are a number of fields and the descriptions associated to each field when creating static or dynamic groups.
Enter a name for the group
The type of records included in this group. This is selected on the ‘Create Group’ page.
Select the Saved Search with the criteria that will return the correct members of this group. You may need to create a new Saved Search.
Select the owner of this group. The person creating this group is selected as the owner by default.
If this group has an address in your email application, enter that address.
Enter any comments relevant to the group.
Checking this box means only the members of this group can see the group’s list of members
If you want to restrict the use of this group to members of another group, select that group from the drop-down list. If you select a group in this list, your group can not be made private.
Restrict Group Editing to Owner
Checking this box means only the owner of this group (specified in the owner field) can edit the group.
If this box is checked, you can no longer view this group’s shared calendar or invite this group to events.
A list of group members will appear here when you select a saved search.
Attach any files that may be relevant to this group.
Add any notes that may be relevant to this group.
When all the relevant fields are filled in, click save.
Creating a Static Group
A static group has many of the same fields as a dynamic group. Some of the differences are listed below.
If this box is checked, this group will be listed in the Assigned To field on case records. When you assign a case territory, support groups are listed in the Support Rep field.
If this box is checked, the group can be selected in the Product Team field on issues. Members of this team are emailed when an issue is first entered so that everyone is aware of the problem.
If this box is checked, the group can be emailed copies of the issue from the communication subtab on the issue records.
Select a role that corresponds to the role of this group’s members, and this group can be assigned to issues.
Members must be manually added and removed from this group. To do this select a member from the drop down list and click ‘Add’.
Once you have created a group, you can use the same group for multiple processes. If you have any queries or questions about this process, or need some extra help, please feel free to contact us here, or leave your questions in the comments section below and one of our NetSuite team will get back to you ASAP.