Personal preferences in NetSuite relate only to yourself and your account. Preferences that relate to the whole NetSuite instance are found under ‘General Preferences’.
To set personal preferences within NetSuite follow these initial Steps.
- Hover over the home button which is on the centre tabs
- Select ‘Set Preferences’
- You will be directed to a new window
Various subtabs will be shown. These options will show preferences within different areas of NetSuite.
Each Tab shows the following preferences.
- From Email Address – the email address that will be used when sending an email from NetSuite
- Signature – Email signatures can be set here
- Language – What language do you want NetSuite to read as
- Search Sorting - do you want it to be language specific or your base language?
- Help Center Language
- Time Zone – What time zone do you want to be in?
- First Day of Week – What’s your working week start day?
- Date Format
- Long Date Format
- Time Format
- Negative Number Format
- Phone Number Format
- Number of rows in list segment – when looking at lists of transactions how many are shown per page
- Colour theme – here you can change the colour theme of NetSuite
- Chart Theme – here you can add colour to your charts
- Chart Background – lines, bands or a grid format
- Autofill transactions – when selecting an entity this automatically fills the transaction to the last transaction within that entity
- Alphabetise items – This sets the item list to always shows alphabetically
- Duplicate number warning – if a document number is the same, this will ask you to confirm whether you allow this to occur, or change the document number
- Inventory level warnings – this warns you if the stock level is low when you select an item on a transaction
- Customer credit limit handling – Allows you to determine how customers with credit limit issues are handled e.g. can the order be created even when a customer is on credit hold
- Supplier credit limit warning – do you want to know if your company is near a credit limit with a supplier?
- HTML/PDF radio buttons – When emailing a transaction document do you want it to be embedded in the email or sent as PDF (recommended to send as PDF)
- Print company logo
- Display title on screen
- Default bank account
- Calculate forecasts as weighted
- Show list when only one result
- Quick search uses keywords
- Pop up auto-suggest – when typing do you want a suggestion to appear?
- Edit activities from calendar – do you want to be able to edit your activities through the activities section or also through the calendar
- Send invitation emails – do you want to send invitations to external attendees or just internal staff?
- Reminder Types – do you want a reminder for an activity by email etc?
Tasks & Phone Calls
Priority for tasks – what do you want the default priority to be for tasks?
- Subsidiary – do you want to restrict your view to a specific subsidiary? This will only show subsidiary specific records and reports
- Cost Centre - do you want to restrict your view to a specific cost centre? This will only show cost centre specific records and reports
- Location - do you want to restrict your view to a specific location? This will only show location-specific records and reports
- Product Line - do you want to restrict your view to a specific Product Line? This will only show Product Line specific records and reports