Why NetSuite is a Manufacturers Best Friend
Manufacturing is a complex and fast-moving sector, with a stream of constant innovations and changes on the horizon it’s no wonder that modern manufacturers are depending more and more on software to stay on top of their business! With the changes in complexity, competition, and technology, it’s more important than ever for leading manufacturers to have full visibility and control of their operations. Many manufacturers are still struggling with the complexity and mess of multiple business software systems that don’t talk, portray a realistic image, or give the functionality they need to compete!
NetSuite has been the leading cloud based software solution for many years now, enabling modern manufacturers to discard legacy software, and replace it with a solution that covers their entire business, in one place. Encompassing financials/ERP and omnichannel commerce software, NetSuite sits above the rest as the best choice for a manufacturer. NetSuite’s Advanced manufacturing’s comprehensive functionality, which includes CRM, HCM and eCommerce, provides manufacturers with the software needed to run a modern business. Adopting a cloud based model, NetSuite allows manufacturers the flexibility and scalability to monitor, evaluate, and make choices based on real-time data across their entire operation! Since it’s a cloud-based application, manufacturers can benefit from NetSuite’s rich functionality immediately, and at a lower total cost of ownership than legacy approaches.
It’s a legitimate question, and one we get asked often. Why is NetSuite a manufacturer's best friend? Why is it that something that is continually touted as the #1 seems so cryptic at the same time. Well simply put, NetSuite is a power house, encompassing everything a manufacturer needs to succeed, all in one single solution. Lets dive deeper into the detail!
- Integrates with many CAD applications, simplifying costing by supporting easy import of BOMs.
- Ensures production engineering changes propagate end-to-end and are reflected in downstream BOMs, demand plans and procurement orders.
- Provides extended capabilities for inventory control tracking, planning and costing of items in project-controlled environments.
- Delivers more flexibility in costing by supporting comprehensive inventory costing methods including LIFO, FIFO, average, standard and actual costing.
- Streamlines team management using at-a-glance allocations of people with data, processes and business systems.
- Improves order management by automatically transitioning orders to shipping/logistics and account receivables.
- Supports multi-step picking, packing and shipping.
- Provides real-time visibility into entire order management process with relevant information such as orders, trends and order conversion rates.
- Allows drill-down from a summary level for greater details, all the way to the underlying transaction, in only a few clicks.
- Integrates with carriers such as UPS, FedEx and USPS out-of-the-box
Sales and Marketing
- Accelerates real-time quote management by incorporating pricing, sales tax and discounting rules automatically into sales quotes.
- Allows for the creation, execution and measurement of email campaigns that convert leads to customers.
- Enables intuitive management of opportunities across status, potential revenue, key contacts notes and related documents
- Converts quotes into approved sales orders and routes them to the finance team for invoicing and revenue recognition.
- Provides mobile access to key information such as sales orders, customer dashboards and calendars.
Supply Chain Automation
- Supports extended, yet fully integrated, supply chain environments by ensuring data flows seamlessly across networks.
- Advances distribution resource planning by automatically suggesting, and where appropriate, generating purchase orders, work orders and transfer orders across multiple locations.
- Integrates demand planning forecasts and required inventory levels based on historical data, sales forecasts, average trends and seasonal fluctuations.
- Monitors stock levels and automatically creates restocking alerts and reordering forms to ensure planned inventory levels are maintained.
- Provides real-time, detailed visibility into key spend, inventory and supply chain management metrics.
- Streamlines production environments by automatically creating work orders from sales orders in make-to-order environments.
- Features lot and serial traceability and enables both to be registered through purchasing receipts, inventory, shop floor control and sales order fulfilment functions.
- Simplifies multi-level work order processing by enabling a single work order to control a multi-level assembly.
- Supports full production routing capabilities including operational steps, work centres, labour, overhead and materials.
- Provides critical information for inventory tracking by maintaining a complete history of each product kit throughout its lifecycle.
Service and Support
- Automates case management by assigning support tickets to unique customer email addresses, including provisions for escalating issues based on customizable parameters.
- Accelerates return material authorizations by enabling products to be returned to one of many locations, where available.
- Improves warranty management with lookup code that automatically trigger return and repair processes.
- Features customizable dashboards displaying key information such as accounts receivable, orders and accounts payable.
- Provides multiple reports including income statements, balance sheets, consolidated reports, variance reports and side-by-side comparisons.
- Supports unlimited numbers of general ledger accounts, sub-accounts and segments.
- Streamlines invoice creation by automatically calculating sales taxes, finance charges and discount terms.
- Enables maintenance and control of the complete asset lifecycle across depreciating or non-depreciating assets, from creation to depreciation, revaluation and disposal.
- Simplifies period-end closes with automated allocations, currency management tools and period locking.
- Enables implementation of both B2B and B2C portals that streamline order placement and improve customer satisfaction.
- Streamlines order management by transferring orders automatically to back office fulfilment processes.
- Automatically creates dynamic price lists that reflect purchase volumes.
- Supports creation of coupons or discounts on specific items, enables exempting other items from discounts, and automatically delivers up-sell recommendations.
- Provides search engine analysis, website analytics and reporting, online marketing analytics and more.
- Accepts real-time payments from different credit cards and international currencies and supports Google Checkout or PayPal checkout options.
Top this off with the leading NetSuite partner in Ireland providing local support, the most certified team of NetSuite professionals in the UK and Ireland delivering your solution , the only dedicated NetSuite R&D team in the UK and Ireland ensuring a perfect fit, and finally, the only certified SuiteCommerce Partner in Ireland, you are onto a winning combination.
The bottom line is this, the functionality, flexibility, and agility that NetSuite empowers manufacturers with is unrivalled. It’s the reason why so many manufacturers have come to realise that NetSuite is their future. It works the way you work, and enables your business to compete, succeed, and run efficiently and effectively, just the way you need it to!